[lbo-talk] UAW blows it

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat May 29 21:44:57 PDT 2004

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Michael Perelman wrote:

> > it's hard to convince people of threats you just predict but they
> > haven't experienced.
>
> Are you serious? Karl Rove's plan is based on that principle.

There's a world of difference between no experiences and one experience.

If New York was hit with one tidal wave, scare stories about global warming might have traction too.

And I think that when the workers in Kentucky experience one summary plant closing, they'll be more open to the union argument.

Michael