[lbo-talk] Nader Does the CFR

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun May 30 19:51:01 PDT 2004

I think they've argued (and I would agree) that the demand should be immediate US withdrawal -- corporate and military -- without waiting for the US to arrange UN replacements or an international presence, because it's clear whose interests would be served under those circumstances. If the Iraqis want to arrange UN replacements or an international presence, they would of course be free to do so. The only matters left for the US would be trying the American war criminals (or, preferably, delivering them to an international tribunal, like Milosevic) and paying reparations.

--CGE