[lbo-talk] plain text in web-based Outlook

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 04:30:36 PDT 2004

I did a little more research and found that, as I suspected, a server-side setting change is required for defaulting your outgoing messages from the Outlook Web Access client to plain text.

As these are server settings they must be made by your Exchange administrator using the Exchange System Manager snap-in. If your admin is unfamiliar with the necessary setting, I've provided links to the relevant Microsoft documentation.

Description of the method for setting plain text as default for OWA...

<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319252&sd=tech

Troubleshooting guide if plain text setting has been made but html is still outgoing default...

<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;297464

.d.