[lbo-talk] in defense of Wal-Mart

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Mon May 31 12:27:54 PDT 2004

From: "Carrol Cox" >
> Really, there must be a defense of Wal-Mart someplace that doesn't
> contain anything this obscene.

obscene ? pathetic rather than obscene surely, no wonder our economists are so crap.

> Rhetorically, it's interesting that the author has knocked over several
> clay pigeons (such as the professor's bumper sticker or the whine about
> greeters) before he puts in this classical defense of capitalism.
> Careless readers won't notice that the subject has changed from
> defending Wal-Mart to defending capitalism as such.

I doubt careless readers will have the patience to read that far. What the author fails to mention is that Austrian Economics is a system of no restrictions, complete laissez faire, no taxes, no special priveliges for the well connected, a truly free market. In a true Austrian economy WalMart would not survive.

Gary? ride si sapis