[lbo-talk] Re; In defence of Wal-Mart

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon May 31 12:46:53 PDT 2004

>No one is forced to work at Wal-Mart; people who choose to work there
>do so because they prefer employment there to other circumstances.

Brian: You are all individuals! Crowd: We are all individuals! Voice in the crowd: I'm not.

If wasn't for the fact that this guy calls himself a 'scholar' he'd be hilarious. I mean, how many people can spend over 2,000 words spilling out a jumble of self contradictory horse that would get laughed out of second year micro-econ course and keep a straight face.

No doubt this drivel will get major play in the print media as an academic defence of coporate parasites like Wal-Mart.

Ack.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon