[lbo-talk] Democracy Now 5/26

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 16:30:18 PDT 2004

Jon Johannng wrote:

"It looks as though their "facts" tend to be rumors, passed around from one web-site to another. Nearly a hundred witnesses saw the plane hit the Pentagon, but that's not a "fact." At least it's not a fact to the liking of the conspiracy theorists."

You really seem to be stuck on this Pentagon thing, in fact the subject of what hit the Pentagon is debated among 9-11 skeptics, and most assume it was a plane. One of the leading 9-11 reseachers, John Judge, does not dispute that it was a plane and cites eyewitness reports to that effect, so you are wrong to lump all 'conspiracy theorists' together on this point - what they are all skeptical about is whether a novice pilot could fly a jet plane with such precision. They also question why the country military defenses did not respond, etc. Michael Moore has also wondered aloud about such things but somehow has escaped the Berlet Inquisition.

and by the way, corruption is a phenomenon studied more closely by political economists or political sociologists that mainstream economists.

Joe W.