[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali Endorses Kerry . . . for theBattleground States

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Mon Nov 1 04:50:05 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Mage" <shmage at pipeline.com>

-M. Pugliese gives us a list of right-wing scoundrels who (if the -list is accurate, something not to be accepted on faith) have -proven themselves far better guardians of the people's -democratic rights than the Official Leftists, Liberals, and -other Kerrycrats. -Shane Mage

Ah yes, Shane Mage, Sproul & Associates and various other rightwing supporters of Nader know more about the public good than Noam Chomsky, the AFL-CIO, the NAACP and 99.9% of progressive activists that are supporting John Kerry.

That you show no embarassment about the illegal activity behind those supporting Nader from the right shows how much you belong with George Bush in his "faith-based community" of zealots. That Nader supporters and the GOP are allied in this election is more than just tactical convenience-- they share a fundamentally ideological view of the world that brooks no compromise or discussion with others as to strategy or course of action.

Just as the Bushites support unilaterial action in Iraq without consultation with allies of any form, the Naderites see unilateral action in the election as their god-given right where no consultation or deference to the views of other progressive allies need be considered.

Nathan Newman

Herakleitos of Ephesos