[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali Endorses Kerry . . . for the Battleground States

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 1 16:45:28 PST 2004

>Getting Yoshie to concede a point is about as likely as getting GBJ
>to admit he was doing coke or Kerry to admit he is a timely
>opportunist. The point is Ralph did not restrict himself to safe
>states. Hence, if Ralphy tips the balance I hope Yoshie will be as
>willing to rise above the din and take some responsibility. But
>like the social democratic version, Naomi Kline, I am sure Yoshie
>will disavow any responsibility for the result. Here today gone
>tomorrow.
>
>Travis

Would Kerry supporters be "taking responsibility" for consequences of the two pro-war candidates monopolizing the popular vote, depressing votes for anti-war candidates like Nader, Cobb, Brown, et al., _and_ all actions taken by the Kerry regime at home and abroad? If they did, I'd also "take responsibility" for consequences of Nader, Cobb, Brown, et al. singly or collectively swinging any or all of the battleground states to Bush _and_ all actions taken by the Bush regime at home and abroad, even though the Democratic Party lawyers and Kenneth Blackwell (Ohio Secretary of State, Republican) together have already succeeded in removing Nader from the ballot in Ohio and Cobb is just a write-in candidate here. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>