[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali Endorses Kerry . . . for the Battleground States

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 1 20:32:54 PST 2004

>The DP's hold on the left has to be smashed. That is the only
>important issue in this (or any other) presidential campaign.
>Carrool

Can we create a presidential campaign that can break the Democratic Party's hold on leftists _and_ win over a fifth to a quarter of the white workers who now vote Republican (though some of them used to vote Democratic) on the strength of its position on one or two main burning issues of the day (like the Iraq War and health care today), _without_ making any compromises on the principles of equality between men and women, Blacks, Latinos, Asians, and whites, citizens and immigrants, etc.? -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>