[lbo-talk] Police Intelligence

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 2 12:22:49 PST 2004

John Mage wrote:

>Chronicling the amazing reach of the NLG's Mass Defence Committee

Man, we gotta mobilize you guys against the NYPD. My research assistant got arrested along with a bunch of other people after the Critical Mass bike ride last Friday. Not at the ride - at the afterparty. The bikers were just hanging out in the Times Up space and the cops showed up. As people were leaving the party, cops started shoving them around, arresting them, throwing them down on the ground, arresting them - for absolutely nothing. Not even "blocking traffic." Then they started seizing bikes in direct violation of a court order.

Doug