[lbo-talk] Re: turnout, 4PM numbers

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Nov 2 15:52:01 PST 2004

Not that it counts, but I ask my polling place what the turn out was like. I had plenty of time since all the machines were occupied and there was a short line at 1:45 in the afternoon.

The people doing the registration checking said it was the biggest turn out they had ever seen. There had been a line within two or three minutes after opening at seven in the morning and stayed that way until noon. I caught the afternoon lull. They were dreading the 5-7p crowds.

While I was waiting an election official came by to see how their provisional ballot supply was holding out. There are a lot of out of students who haven't re-registered in this district.

CG