[lbo-talk] more tweaking

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Nov 2 21:14:55 PST 2004

At 10:33 PM 11/2/2004, you wrote:
>the lawsuits have already started.... from some blog, i've forgotten, but
>my sentiments exactly:
>
>Should Bush win, I shall post a statement of philosophical resignation
>tentatively titled "Good, Go Ahead, America, Choke on Your Own Vomit, You
>Deserve to Die." The latter will probably require a little more tweaking.
>
>--K

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think. I am glad I do not have children that I would have to try to explain this shit to. I can't imagine how a parent would feel right now living in a country that seems to be flipping of the whole world and any idea of basic decency. It isn't the end of the world but after many gin and tonics it's starting to feel like it. The rightward march continues and many more will die because of it. Many would have suffered and died under Kerry too but was hoping for and working towards reducing it just a bit too much to ask of our citizens? I guess so. To say that I am surprised so far by the outcome is a huge understatement. I am sitting with my jaw on the fucking floor. Canada is starting to look good right now. I am actually more embarrassed by this outcome so far than I ever was by Reagan or Pappa Bush. If W actually wins I fear for the safety of Americans abroad more than I can remember having done in quite some time. No country "deserves" bad things to happen to it's citizens but I fear that too many people will not share this sentiment. One last slightly incoherent comment and then I'm off. Fuck the Democrats who foisted the loser Kerry on the citizens of this country and the rest of the world. Many of you will deserve the hate and animosity that will be directed towards you. Now the more reactionary elements in the Democratic party can use this excuse to move even further to the right using the lame excuse that this is "in tune" with what citizens want. Damn most of you to whatever hell you believe in. I am incoherently furious at the moment. The citizens of this country have shamed themselves terribly tonight. Even if Kerry wins, which he still could, the fact Bush won as much as he has so far is inexcusable.

John Thornton