[lbo-talk] Ohio Picks the Next Shogun

Brad Mayer gaikokugo at fusionbb.net
Tue Nov 2 22:55:06 PST 2004

But seriously, how much further to the right can the Dems move? I mean, they've pretty much totally capitulated post 9/11, that on top of the Clinton move to the right. Nevertheless the Dem apparachik ploy to hold on to enough of their residual redneck vote to remain nationally competitive has come up a cropper. Though Kerry was hardly designed to appeal to this vote (that is why I assumed he was the Designated Loser), and was therefore the negative confirmation that if the Dems can't hold a minimal piece of the vast provincial ignoramous vote that prefers that their Shoguns resemble starry-eyed monkeys, then they are locked out nationally at least, and in many places statewide as well.

To whit, they are finished. Even Clinton had need of Perot - a very rich, intelligent state capitalist yahoo - to win in 1992. Will the American bourgeoisie break rank like that under WII? They are a pretty bankrupt and terrorized lot these days, anxious to march in lockstep with whomever.

Somehow I knew the bourgeois side of my generation would f**k it up royally - and they are, having had such an easy, pampered existence until now.

-Brad Mayer

At 9:20 pm -0800 2/11/04, Brad Mayer wrote:
>And the Dems are finished.

No. The Dems will just move right. Then the meaning of "no difference" will be spelled out loud and clear, and some people can then wank off to the fulfilment of their stance.