[lbo-talk] Election over and done?

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Nov 2 23:13:16 PST 2004

>I don't actually believe that a big turnout is consistent with a Bush
>victory. There was a big turnout, particularly of minority votesrs....and
>a Bush victory.
>
>It's not that I overestimate the American electorate; it's just that it
>doesn't add up.
>
>Somehow, I don't think this is going to hold up. It's not optimisim. I'm
>the least optimistic person in the world....it just doesn't compute....on
>any level. Sorry to be so vague.
>
>Joanna

If the election is over and done why have none of the networks called it one way or the other? Not even FOX is saying it's over. Are they all afraid of something unexpected? Since FOX and NBC both call Ohio for Bush why not call the election too? It's kind of creepy. Are they waiting to see about legal challenges being filed before announcing anything? Are they just not wanting to be first? Maybe they're hoping everyone will go to bed and forget about it?

John Thornton