[lbo-talk] No, actually, I don't believe it.

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 00:55:31 PST 2004

At 01:50 AM 11/3/2004, joanna bujes wrote:
>I don't actually believe that a big turnout is consistent with a Bush
>victory. There was a big turnout, particularly of minority votesrs....and
>a Bush victory.
>
>It's not that I overestimate the American electorate; it's just that it
>doesn't add up.
>
>Somehow, I don't think this is going to hold up. It's not optimisim. I'm
>the least optimistic person in the world....it just doesn't compute....on
>any level. Sorry to be so vague.

i don't frickin' believe it either. 1/3 of the population was voting early and it still looked like the turnout was up at the polls. Then I read that, wherever there is an audit trail, the exit polls match up, but wherever there isn't one, they don't?

And, on the radio, people were reporting that they'd vote, check the screen and see that everything had been changed to the republicans. One woman tried three times and then complained. Sure enough, she was doing it right and something was fucking up by the time it got to the final page. The reporter--and they really stay away from conspiracy theory on this station--said that they figure there was a subtle mechanism to throw out votes every so often, drip-drip-drip, and maybe no one would notice.

Is this true you think? will these people bitch? I pray to Ghu!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1290765&mesg_id=1290765

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling