[lbo-talk] popularity votes have spoken

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Wed Nov 3 07:18:41 PST 2004

Latest check on CNN website says: Bush 58,360,008 __ Kerry 54,842,785. This time the Democratic Party cannot use the old argument: "If people would only get out and vote..." This year that was the case and it still showed how weak that argument is. Bush is ahead by a mere 3,517,223 votes. As I said in the last election - albeit on another board - that is should be a clue to both parties that their platform is weak. The only thing I'm concerned about this-time-around is the reaction internationally. Could it be that this reincarnation of Rome is ready to start crumbing? Could the Asian markets be planning an economic coup against us? [Recall the article a few issues back in LBO #106... don't have the article on hand right now though.] Shit if I know.