[lbo-talk] Ice Age

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Nov 3 08:07:14 PST 2004

KJ Wrote:

> More, there are also the other numbers -- for the senate and the
> house. obama's win excepted? but elsewhere? and where there was the
> gay marriage thing...
>
> The total picture is, I think, ugly, and there's no running away from
> that.

Massive ugliness. Bananamerica has chosen Mordor, by a pretty hefty margin of the popular vote (3 million or so). There are seismic forces of self-destruction at work in what's left of the US Empire these days -- its cultural, political and economic superstructures are going to hell, like the eerie photo-reverse of the construction of the European Union. The handbrake of US history has failed, and fresh catastrophes glimmer on the horizon.

The Ice Age begins. Dress warmly, comrades!

-- DRR