[lbo-talk] No, actually, I don't believe it.

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:10:39 PST 2004

Come on people. Let's drop the election fraud schtick. We got the crap kicked out of us because the right has the "evangelical" phenomenon, and we have surrendered ourselves to technocrats who wouldn't know a moral issue if it bit them on the tit. The top 10 percent gets all the economic growth; 4 percent economic growth doesn't create new jobs; and the bottom 3/4 have either no or scandalous health insurance in this, history's richest empire, but none of it quite scandalous enough to the DLC to get a rise from their robotic visages.

Are votes stolen and our voting procedures awful? Yes, but that wasn't it in 2000, nor this time.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Gregory Geboski Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 9:54 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] No, actually, I don't believe it.

Sorry for the bad citing. As I said, I hadn't saved the original screen shot, so maybe I was mixing it up with some other exit poll. Although I certainly can't guess which one, as it was Ohio I had been tracking. It was one of those weird "What the hell, I could have sworn..." moments.

I saw later that Yoshie had sent the URL for the poll

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/OH/P/00/index.html

so chances are others here have seen it, too, and can debunk what could be the actions of my aging brain. Basically, I remember the pie charts showing a solid female vote going to Kerry (something in the 53-54% rang) with very weak male support for Bush (that pie chart I remember as even or almost even), with the majority of all respondents being women, giving what seemed like good news to Kerry. Almost a flip of the current pie charts (the two on the left).

So if anyone has these data from earlier in the evening, debunk/confirm away.

Not that it matters, I guess. Just heard that Kerry is conceding... If he is in fact overlooking improprieties "for the good of the country" he should be beaten to death with a stick, even if he's obviously in a lot worse shape than Gore was in 2000...

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: "Chris Doss" <cdoss at rambler.ru> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:43:51 +0300