[lbo-talk] No, actually, I don't believe it.

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Nov 3 14:35:26 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathanne at nathannewman.org>
>
>There are many things we all need to do better as progressives,
especially
>engaging the religious population in a vigorous and respectful way that
>will pull them away from the Bush-GOP embrace.

To begin with, we must vigorously and respectfully inform these pious folk that their churches will be taxed into extinction unless they get these institutions out, out, out of politics. I want to see a wall between church and state so impenetrable that it will make the Korean DMZ look porous.

Carl

Think it'll be safe enough to throw a few barbs in about the problems with the ontological argument, the cosmological argument, the historical errors in the Book etc., or should we just go back to the time before Spinoza and be *very* quiet about such issues?