[lbo-talk] It's was wall to wall ugly in Ohio....

Cactus Pat cactuspat1 at istal.com
Wed Nov 3 17:45:22 PST 2004

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/week_2004_10_31.php#003924

(November 02, 2004 -- 11:01 PM EST // link // print) Now hearing very conflicting word about the legal situation on the ground in Ohio. Will report when we know more.

-- Josh Marshall (November 02, 2004 -- 10:40 PM EST // link // print) Why no more network coverage of the flurry of lawsuits across Ohio? This is what the election is coming down to. And it's not being reported. Interviews with party chairs, no coverage of where the election is being decided.

-- Josh Marshall (November 02, 2004 -- 10:31 PM EST // link // print) Across the board the story is the same in Ohio, a lawsuit strategy from Republicans is causing delays and shutdowns in precincts that remained open to allow people who were already in line to vote. Lawsuits create delays; folks leave.

-- Josh Marshall (November 02, 2004 -- 09:52 PM EST // link // print) What we're hearing is that Florida is too close to call. In Ohio, the GOP is pulling out all the stops, frankly, to steal it in the courts, trying to get courts to stop voting for people who were already in line when the polls closed, ruling against provisional ballots, the whole nine yards. It's wall to wall ugly.