[lbo-talk] Still Missing the Big Picture About This Election

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Wed Nov 3 20:38:42 PST 2004

On Nov 3, 2004, at 9:14 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Someone told me that a couple of our new Rep senators believe abortion
> should me made a capital crime (i.e., kill the mother, not the fetus).
> Anyone know about this?

You're close in the case of Tom Coburn, from my birth state of Oklahoma, where the wind goes sweeping down the plains and the wine-dark sea. He's a former OB/GYN who, although he once performed abortions, now believes they should be made a capital crime, but for the doctor, not (to the best of my knowledge) the mother.

He's also the Coburn of "rampant lesbianism" in southeast Oklahoma junior highs (I think he's having a flashback to the mid-to-late seventies) and of black males genetic predisposition to shorter lifespans.

You know, I never thought I'd be sorry to see the last of that sorry SOB Don Nickles, but you know, you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Take me back to Tulsa,

John A