[lbo-talk] Hitlery Clinton '08? (Nooooooooo!)

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 4 03:47:39 PST 2004

are they really serious? Hitlery for Prez? Conservatives on a politics list were constantly snarling about Hitlery running in 2008. I thought they were/are insane. I couldn't even believe the two of them spoke at the convention (Hey! I"m not a dem watcher) Yet, I'm reading blog posts about it and there are actually bumper stickers and mugs already (not much of an indicator, I know).

Those of you who understand the Dems, could you explain to me what they are thinking? Is it just the machine aspect of the party? That they hold some kind of nostalgic hold over the movers and shakers?

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling