[lbo-talk] Re: One Great Reason to go to Canada

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 4 09:19:52 PST 2004

You're not in mortal danger. This was all an effort by the head evanges to rescue their sinking ship. It's still sinking, despite its temporary win. People's attitudes toward queers is rapidly getting better.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Brian Charles Dauth Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 4:40 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: One Great Reason to go to Canada

Dear List:

> Ready to say screw this country and buy a one-way

ticket north? Here are some reasons to stay in the belly of the beast.

One good reason to leave: I can get married to my partner and we will not be second class citizens. Look at the numbers of those who supported the hate ammendments. Far more then voted for Bush in each state. Hell, even Oregon voted for it and went for Kerry. Homophobia is alive and well in the right and the left.

Queers are in mortal danger. We have been warned.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister