[lbo-talk] Flash: Arafat Reported Clinically Dead (Reuters)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 4 16:00:59 PST 2004

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca, Thu Nov 4 15:46:50 PST 2004:
> > Yasser Arafat was one foreign leader among all others who must have
>> thought that he really needed John Kerry's victory for his political
>> survival. George W. Bush's re-selection sounded death knell for Arafat's
>> politics, so his body might as well follow the interment of his illusion.
>> R.I.P.
>>
> > Whither Palestinians, post-Arafat?
>
>Who the fk do you think you are? What in the fk would you know
>about real life compromise in the face of real geo-politics? What
>would you know about organizing an armed resistance, about trying to
>run a civil administration in the middle of an occupation with
>massive rifts within your own people? There are plenty of criticisms
>to make of Arafat but to show so much glee at his passing because
>you made him a theoretical enemy of your revolution yet to come is
>despicable. Is there anything you will not do in your quest to
>rise yourself above the din? Show some fkig respect.

I'm stating the facts as I see them. If you disagree, explain why. In any case, Arafat has been politically dead for some time, confined to his battered headquarters for more than two years. Did you do anything to change that before he fell ill? -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>