[lbo-talk] Fwd: Now - YOU Can Respond

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 4 16:19:14 PST 2004

[Ralph needs money. The trial lawyers cut him off in 2000, so I guess he's a bit short. Why Mr 0.3% feels in a position to give advice is beyond me.]

From: "Ralph Nader" <naderteam at votenader.org> Reply-To: <naderteam at votenader.org>

Dear Friend,

Thank You We need your help today.

First of all, thank you so very much to the thousands of volunteers, our Corporate Crimebusters, State, Regional and Campus Coordinators, our valiant staff here in Washington, DC, all of our generous donors and every one of you who voted for Nader/Camejo 2004.

Well, it should now be clear to all: the Democratic Party cannot get the job done against the worst Republicans in a long time. So much time and money was spent by the Democrats, only to push a message that ultimately said, "Don't vote for George W. Bush." It's a shame. If losing to George W. Bush isn't the breaking point for Democrats who have been fed up for years by the leadership in their party, then I can't imagine the indignities that they are further willing to endure.

America isn't being allowed to get better; it is going backwards into the future on many human indicators.

You probably have dozens of friends and family members who chided you for supporting our campaign in the last several months. We know that their stances against you went against the very things that they actually believe in, when they urged you to "keep quiet and vote for John Kerry."

Now, it is your turn to make some friendly demands of them. We need you to forward this email or make a call to each of your friends-with a message from you saying, "Come back."

We must begin calling on everyone to come back into the principled and substantive thinking that they departed for tactical reasons.

We have incurred debt that must be paid off before we can devote all of our attention to putting a progressive agenda back on the table, including ending the worsening war in Iraq.

We must recollect, we must reform, we must regroup with all of those who believe in our message.

There is no reason that our progress forward-to give a voice to the concrete Peace and Justice communities-should be slowed down by the corporatists who drained our campaign to make us give up. They failed.

We need support from everyone who believes in our message for moving forward with their issues.

Welcome everyone back to us, please contribute so we can all, together, take on the corporate supremacists now hunkering down in the White House readying their vile plans against innocent people.

Contributions are not tax deductible. Paid for by Nader for President 2004 General Election Committee 202.265.4000 - P.O. Box 18002,Washington, DC 20036