[lbo-talk] Re: reality check time for hyperventilators?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Nov 4 17:35:54 PST 2004

"Queers are in mortal danger."

the rest of us, of course, are riding on cloud nine...bulletin:

the eleven states did not vote to murder gays...they voted against same sex marriage...that can be seen as nasty, from one perspective, and perfectly understandable, from theirs....in fact, if the issue had not been raised in the first place, they wouldn't have gotten their various tits and balls all shaken up in the second...

we might try to understand that people who believe in god stuff are all alike, and some of them are far more dangerous than others...while these people voted against same sex marriage, unless some gay or lesbian person flips out and becomes a human bomb, it's not likely to kill any of us, straight or gay...

on the other hand, 911 did not happen because of hatred of gays,, but for hatred of americans...that's a much bigger problem for all of us, and we ought to consider what role religion plays in that, before we get all hissy-fitted over only one kind of religious zealot...

fs