[lbo-talk] Ohioans Who Earned Less Than $50,000 (48%)

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Thu Nov 4 11:57:29 PST 2004

At 12:24 pm -0500 4/11/04, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>I think Yoshie is up to something, finally. The national figures from the
>same source
>http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/OH/P/00/epolls.0.html
>are even more interesting.
>
>It looks like the people who brought us George Bush are not knuckle-dragging
>rednecks, but our smartest and finest:

Wojtek, you went back on your own insight that there is no nation, but a congeries of regions and states.

The income correlation with voting for Bush holds across all regions. But NY distinguishes itself in that you have to reach right up into the highest bracket to find a majority for Bush. Even more marked for NYC. Go NY!

The education correlation with voting for Bush differs from region to region. The "national" average hides the differences between E, W, MW, and S. There might also be some auto-stuff going on here with race and income.

What is very, very clear is the role of the religious conservatives.

kj