[lbo-talk] We're a minority, and that must change

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Thu Nov 4 18:26:09 PST 2004

At 4:18 pm -0600 4/11/04, John Thornton wrote:
>some college for Kerry 48%
>some college for Bush 52%
>
>college grad for Kerry 45%
>college grad for Bush 55%
>
>Graduates voted for Bush at a higher rate than non-graduates who
>attended college.

Are we looking at the same data set -- the CNN one?

If we are, the numbers nationally are:

some college for Kerry 46% some college for Bush 54%

college grad for Kerry 46% college grad for Nader 1% college grad for Bush 52%

But whatever, Wojtek's point -- and everyone's -- about the deeply divided state of the country should be taken seriously. From the same data set, by region:

East -- some college for Bush at 48% was highest amongst all ed groups Midwest -- some college for Bush: 50%; college for Bush: 55% (highest) West -- some college for Bush: 54%; college for Bush: 47% (highest was HS at 58%) South -- some college for Bush: 60%; college for Bush: 61% (highest)

kj