[lbo-talk] No Stolen Elections!

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 4 21:42:08 PST 2004

>God bless the Web --
>
><http://www.nov3.us/>
>
>I'm surprised that there's no discussion here about Greg Palast's piece on
>Ohio. Is it too "conspiratorial" to deal with? Why wouldn't these
>motherfuckers tamper with votes, intimidate minority voters, and generally
>do whatever they have to do to hold on to power? And do you think that if
>the Repubs were in our position, they would lie back and rub their hands?
>Jeez -- there's more anger right now on liberal Air America than on
>LBO-Talk. I think Janeane Garofalo is gonna explode any minute!
>
>The Other DP

If the tables were turned Bush would probably not have conceded yet. The Repubs would most likely wait until the full vote count was in. Why the Dems have already given up is beyond me. Maybe because they generally suck right now? The concession speech was perhaps the most nauseating thing I've heard from a "progressive" politician in some time. Conspiratorial talk is generally a no-no on LBO talk but this is old ground, well trod, and not in need of rehashing now. For what it's worth I think Bush received the popular vote but lost the EC but because of vote fraud in Ohio will again be POTUS. If the Dems won't fight it there is not really any point in pursuing it unfortunately. I would love to see 200,000 people turn up to protest the inauguration as a fraud but I can't see it happening. I live in the midwest so organizing such a protest in DC is a bit out of my are and also a bit beyond my means but I would certainly go and could probably rustle up a small contingent to accompany me. The DLC simply have to go. They care less for their constituency than most of their party members. I guess I am going to have to do some research on the recent machinations within the Democratic party to get a handle on why they are not doing the minimum they should. They certainly suck but they don't have to suck this much! They will not bring about anything revolutionary but they should be capable of doing more for working people than they are currently doing. So is everyone on Air America calling for a huge protest rally at the inauguration and also a huge protest in Ohio to demand that all the votes be counted immediately? I'm up for a road trip to Ohio too. I can certainly be called upon to help in surrounding whatever building the provisional ballots are being held in and blocking all access until that is done. It probably won't force a count but if it's a large enough crowd at least it will bring national attention to the issue. Yoshie is in Ohio, correct? Is she one of the people charged with working to put together a 75,000 person strong protest of the non-counted provisional ballets? Let me know what I can do from the small town in MO where I currently reside to help you Yoshie. I am serious by the way. I do have that in common with ChuckO. It sucks being a lone voice out here in red state country.

John Thornton