[lbo-talk] No Stolen Elections!

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Fri Nov 5 06:07:57 PST 2004

Hi,

Vote tampering and voter intimidation has a long history in American politics. I am not surprised that it looks like it happened again. It is not too conspiratorial to catalog a long list of such activities in the recent election, although Palast sometimes skirts the edge of reasonable suppositions.

Given the racist targeting of Black voters, I am very unhappy with the Kerry decision to concede before all the Ohio votes are counted.

-Chip Berlet

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Dennis Perrin Sent: Thu 11/4/2004 11:05 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] No Stolen Elections!

God bless the Web --

<http://www.nov3.us/>

I'm surprised that there's no discussion here about Greg Palast's piece on Ohio. Is it too "conspiratorial" to deal with? Why wouldn't these motherfuckers tamper with votes, intimidate minority voters, and generally do whatever they have to do to hold on to power? And do you think that if the Repubs were in our position, they would lie back and rub their hands? Jeez -- there's more anger right now on liberal Air America than on LBO-Talk. I think Janeane Garofalo is gonna explode any minute!

The Other DP