[lbo-talk] Confused and Desparate Democrats

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:54:28 PST 2004

>From: "Marvin Gandall" <marvgandall at rogers.com>
>
>(In today's London Times. More interesting than the gossip about Teresa
>Heinz Kerry, the internal campaign squabbling, and Kerry's indecisiveness,
>are the revelations that Kerry repeatedly met with and offered John McCain
>unprecedented VP powers in charge of the Pentagon, and the Clinton team's
>unsuccessful late pressure on Kerry to support the gay marriage ban
>initiatives.)

Very interesting piece. Please note though that it wasn't the "Clinton team" that pressured Kerry to support the gay marriage ban iniatiatives but Clinton himself, unquestionnably one of history's true Alpha Turds:

>Mr Clinton, correctly sensing that “values” would play a crucial role in
>voters’ minds, urged Mr Kerry to back local ballot initiatives calling for
>ban on gay marriage. (Mr Kerry refused).

Whatever future the Democrats have, Clinton should not be part of it in any way, shape or form. He and his infernal triangulation should be banished forever. If the Democrats are going to be a permanent minority party, I think they should be a hard-left party and as obstructive as hell.

Carl