[lbo-talk] Re: No, actually, I don't believe it.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 5 09:22:32 PST 2004

Brad Mayer wrote:

>I think the priority for the immediate period should be to pull
>together the independents from the MWM, Greens (which as a party
>probably needs to be dynamited, it is hopelessly compromised - not
>to mention heavily white middle class, not uncoincidentially- its
>time is past), etc and found an independent political party.

Are you serious? The Greens can't even organize one party among themselves, and you're asking them to melt into a larger effort - though adding 5k from the MWM wouldn't make it a much larger effort.

For a while I watched the Labor Party trying to organize itself, with the institutional help of a few unions even. It never really got off the ground. You folks make it sound so easy. It's not. It's really really hard.

Doug