[lbo-talk] Ohioans Who Earned Less Than $50,000 (48%)

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 5 10:38:35 PST 2004

This is powerful stuff. And it speaks to one of the huge problems with leftists -- we are prone to blaming our allies for mistakes they didn't make. Chomsky makes the same point about Vietnam. The working class was strongly against it. The business class was strongly for it.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Gregory Geboski Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 10:29 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Ohioans Who Earned Less Than $50,000 (48%)

<< It looks like the people who brought us George Bush are not knuckle-dragging rednecks, but our smartest and finest: >>

I don't get the point. Was there anyone out here who thought that higher education (which tracks pretty well for higher income) would lean more to Kerry over Bush (you know, the guy with a masters from Harvard)?

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:24:54 -0500