[lbo-talk] Frank on election

Guilherme groschke at luminousvoid.net
Fri Nov 5 13:05:03 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Carl Remick wrote:
> >From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
> >
> >..."We" have to take on the Christian right if we want to make this a
> >better country. I don't know how, but just changing the subject isn't
> >enough.
>
> But change the subject the left must. Since there is no way the left can
> out-Hallelujah the Republicans, the left must base its appeal on material
> terms and simply offer a better deal -- guaranteed lifetime employment,
> healthcare, pensions, etc. Despite the powerful momentum of the trends
> Frank identifies, no tree (as I believe Herbert Stein said) grows to the
> sky. Americans will not put "values" before economic security forever.

yes they will. What they won't do forever is ignore poverty and misery, and allow corporate theft to go on. But they will ignore it as long as its talked about that way. Its just as much 'values' that good christians don't lie cheat and steal their way to the presidency, don't leave our aged to wallow in poverty, and feed our fellow man.

learn the lingo. go to divinity school, not law school.

-gr