[lbo-talk] 3,893 phantom votes

R rhisiart at charter.net
Fri Nov 5 15:49:18 PST 2004

At 01:25 PM 11/5/2004, you wrote:
>Machine Error Gives Bush Extra Ohio Votes
>By JOHN McCARTHY, Associated Press Writer
>
>COLUMBUS, Ohio - An error with an electronic voting system gave President
>Bush (news - web sites) 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections
>officials said.
>
>Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to
>Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites)'s 260 votes in a precinct in
>Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct.
>Bush's total should have been recorded as 365.
>
>Bush won the state by more than 136,000 votes, according to unofficial
>results, and Kerry conceded the election on Wednesday after saying that
>155,000 provisional ballots yet to be counted in Ohio would not change the
>result.

<http://www.legitgov.org/index.html#breaking_news>http://www.legitgov.org/index.html#breaking_news

UPDATE! November 5, 2004: Here is a *big* surprise: The Franklin County voting results .pdf files have *suddenly* been removed from the Franklin County Board of Elections homepage. Everyone, please contact these Reichwing whackjobs, and DEMAND that 'Unofficial Abstract of Votes - General Election - November 2, 2004, Franklin County, Ohio Offices,' page 23, be restored. And, I do mean *demand.* Cheers, the CLG investigation team, <http://www.legitgov.org/>http://www.legitgov.org/ Here is their contact information: <mailto:webmaster at co.franklin.oh.us>webmaster at co.franklin.oh.us. Email GOP Ohio Secretary of State, J. Kenneth Blackwell's office: <mailto:guide at sos.state.oh.us>guide at sos.state.oh.us. Oh. Be sure to call Blackwell, too: 614-466-3910. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20041105/e5ba9838/attachment.htm>