[lbo-talk] Vive Yoshie !

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Nov 5 16:00:03 PST 2004

Yoshie may be the single most mindful person in the streets in the USA today. Her posts to LBO-talk demonstrate extraordinary brilliance.

Charles

^^^^^^^

[lbo-talk] mourn Not a flame, y. You are a self-parody. "The scales fell from their eyes" in your 20-Children March. Have you ever thought about the topic of mis-spent energy?

>On Nov 4, 2004, at 7:28 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> Gregory Geboski wrote:
>>
>>> ... although I don't think "Don't mourn, organize" is a stupid cliche.
>>
>> It is. It's a command to substitute action for thought and feeling, a
>> classic impulse of American activistism
>> <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Action.html>.
>
>But doesn't organizing also imply thinking hard about *how* to
>organize? Every successful organizing effort I've taken part in or
>observed took a lot of careful thought to plan. It's not just
>mindlessly charging out into the streets, Yoshie-style. :-)
>
>Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org

Stop flaming. -- Yoshie