[lbo-talk] Frank on election

Guest lbodownload at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 20:51:31 PST 2004

> There's nothing comparable anywhere else in the
> first world.
>
> Doug

Are you sure? People are always saying that Americans are unusually credulous among first worlders, but assuming that Taiwan counts as the first world, this just doesn't ring true for me. Just about everyone I know here in Taiwan sincerely believes in ghosts, and not in some abstract, half serious way. They take active measures to guard against spiritual attacks in daily life. I never saw anything remotely like it in America.