[lbo-talk] Jesus didn't exist....

Mike Ferro fagiolaio at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 21:22:21 PST 2004

I visited the church in Torino where there is a display of a replica of the shroud. The display in the church (in English and Italian) says clearly that scientific studies of the shroud show that it could not possibly authentic.

Of course, such information is of little interest to many of the faithful, especially those in this country. On the other hand in Catholic Italy, abortion is available on demand (as is psychotherapy) in state-supported clinics. No problem with the state/church separation there.

Mike Ferro