[lbo-talk] Jesus didn't exist....

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 07:22:55 PST 2004

>From: snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com>
>
>At 08:47 AM 11/6/2004, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>P.S. It's silly to debate religion. I've had political comrades of
>>innumerable religious convictions, including fundamentalism. And I've
>>known many reactionary atheists. I never conceal my atheism, but I never
>>argue it either.
>
>Fundamentalism isn't what we're talking about. As I mentioned, I
>increasingly meet people who call themselves Christian but refuse to see
>Catholics, Unitarians, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Lutherans -- well, any
>_denominational_ community of faith as deserving of the right to call
>themselves Christian. When the rapture comes, Carl (CGE) will not, on their
>view, rise in his nekkid glory into the cloudy blue sky to sit near the
>right had of god.

Unaccustomed as I am to appearing in End Times scenarios, I figure the rapture can't be worse than sitting through the last installment of the Lord of the Rings (The Return of the King) which for some perverse reason I forced myself to do last night. The movie certainly did have the air of Final Things, since it seemed to last for all eternity. I will acknowledge it took great technical skill to create the LOR film trilogy, but the effect of this gazillion-dollar digitized fairyland epic is like that of seeing a full-scale model of the Taj Mahal made of Jell-O or a replica of the Firth of Forth Bridge built of paper clips -- you really wonder what's the point.

One correction: Even if I am among the invitees at the rapture, New Englanders don't do "nekkid glory" ascensions.

As for you Carrol, you may not be interested in religion, but religion is interested in you.

Carl