[lbo-talk] Exit Polls v.s Electronic vote

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Nov 6 09:59:42 PST 2004

snit snat wrote:

>http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/todays_show.html
>

>The Randi Rhodes show's website has graphs of the difference between exit
>polls and electronic vote tallies. I'm still looking for the source of
>this original information (i.e., where the exit polls come from).

Very interesting. The message of the graphic is that in states with paper ballots, the exit polls and final tallies matched closely; in states with electronic voting, Bush's final count was far stronger than the exit poll results, narrowing Kerry's lead in the states he won, and switching Ohio and Florida to the Bush column.

Mitofsky says that more Bush voters refused to talk to exit pollsters than Kerry voters, so as the day went on they "corrected" for this.

Doug