[lbo-talk] VfP: Save Manhattan V.A. Hospital + Veterans Peace Contingent at Veterans Day Parade

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Nov 6 14:44:18 PST 2004

* Picket Line & Press Conference SAVE MANHATTAN V.A. HOSPITAL

Wednesday Nov. 10, 2004 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM 23rd St. & 1st Ave.

For over a year now, the effort to save the Manhattan V.A. Hospital has been a major concern of the veterans in the New York metro area. The Department of Veterans Affairs CARES report, which called for the transfer of inpatient units to Brooklyn, would make access to healthcare harder, especially for disabled and elderly veterans. Many believe that this would also be the first step in the complete closing of the Manhattan hospital.

Closing needed veterans hospitals is a betrayal of the promise made to all veterans. It is also shameful hypocrisy, while our troops are fighting in Iraq, for politicians to say they support them and at the same time, cut back the medical facilities they will need when they come home.

It's time to stand up and be counted. Join us on the day before Veterans Day to raise our voices in protest. There will be a picket line from 11 AM to 1 PM. At 12 Noon there will be a press conference where a number of local and congressional representatives and various veterans leaders are being invited to speak.

(In front of hospital entrance)

SAVE THE MANHATTAN V.A. HOSPITAL DECENT HEALTHCARE FOR ALL VETS

* Veterans Peace Contingent Will March in NYC Veterans Day Parade Thurs. Nov. 11 11:00 - 3:00 PM

Veterans For Peace and Vietnam Veterans Against the War have marched together in the NYC Veterans Day parade for a number of years now. Military Families Speak Out and Iraq Veterans Against the War will also be in our contingent this year. We will be marching to say

SUPPORT THE TROOPS -- BRING THEM HOME NOW & TREAT THEM RIGHT WHEN THEY GET BACK!

Bring flags, banners, signs. Wear uniforms, medals, organization colors. Let the people of NYC know that many vets oppose this war and want our troops brought home alive.

Veterans Peace Contingent Will March in NYC Veterans Day Parade

VETERANS ASSEMBLY INFO: 10:30 AM rendezvous Madison Avenue & 26th Street (NW corner) then proceed to muster site. Call 212-726-0557 for latest info.

Veterans For Peace Vietnam Veterans Against the War FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL: 212-726-0557 OR 201-876-0430 -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>