[lbo-talk] Barack Obama

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 06:35:15 PST 2004

If you find that sort of statement unsettling, you Yhave to get out and meet people. Barak Obama is an extremely liberal U of C constitutional law professor, not a no-brow Texas fundamentalist. Like most of this country, excluding people on this list, and especially like most black people, he's also a believing Christian. That doesn't mean that he's gonna go out and smite the infidel in the name of the Lord. My black friends say things to me like, Have a blessed day, and they mean it, like Jesus should bless me. And they know I'm a commie Jewish atheist. People here have to learn to get out some. Find a Christian and have her or him invite you to church services, it would not hurt. Listen to people talk about their faith (without arguing).

jks