[lbo-talk] The Fags Lost It

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 07:19:07 PST 2004

AC of C-Punch, now twice in one week, reminds us who forced the dispossessed of Ohio and elsewhere to vote against their economic interests in favor of Hetero-Jesus:

"The Democrats spent the year wasting money and passion attacking Ralph Nader whose early predictions of his ultimate drawing power at the polls turned out to be on the money. If the Democrats had wanted to identify a serious saboteur of their chances they should have homed in on Mayor Gavin Newsom of San Francisco whose okay to gay marriage saw all those same sex couples on the steps of City Hall embracing, on every front page and nightly news in America. Ohio had its proposition banning gay marriage and the drive to put it on the ballot and push it to victory brought the Christians out in their hundreds of thousands, marching to the polls across the rubble of their state's economy."

I asked earlier (got no response) and I ask again -- what the fuck is this? Shove the above paragraph into a time capsule, shake vigorously and send it back 50 or so years, and you'd likely have the same formulation regarding marriage b/w blacks & whites. All those Eleanor Roosevelt/Adlai Stevenson libs rubbing the proud Jim Crow South's nose into racial integration. Is it any wonder that they lynch and beat blacks and their white Civil Rights enablers? Send the capsule ahead to 1968 -- all those antiwar protesters, calling the president a "war criminal" and indentifying with the Vietnamese resistance. Is it any wonder that Nixon was elected? Thanks to SDS, Cambodia was dismembered.

Wonder what my ol' partner Laura Flanders thinks of this?

DP