[lbo-talk] Hacked Vote

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Sun Nov 7 07:45:01 PST 2004

>and, even so, you won't get honest responses. most people lie about who
>they voted for, saying they voted for the winner. I s'pose the pollsters
>have a pretty solid number from years of analysis which can be used to
>weight it, but it still won't be truly accurate. the only way would be
>to have a revote. and, uhm, goshes... imagine.

Actually, you can simply hand recount the ballots. All these counties cited in the story have paper ballots that are run through marksense machines. The press should be able to do it using the government in the sunshine laws as they did in 2000 to recount Florida (and concluded Gore, uh, how shall we say this? got more votes than Bush.)

Jenny Brown