[lbo-talk] Jesus didn't exist....

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Nov 7 08:06:09 PST 2004

Well, two things we're sure of are that God doesn't (and didn't) exist, and a whole bunch of people about 2000 years ago who thought that God did exist, Jesus did exist, and the latter was the son of the former (while simultaneously also *being* the former -- I've never managed to get my head around that one) took over the Roman Empire. Hence the widespread belief in the aforementioned propositions, and a lot of others, which persists to this day, known as "Christianity."

Of course, Christianity is based on a whole raft of mistaken beliefs, but it has been conclusively proven by a very large number of trials that simply pointing out these mistakes does nothing to shake the beliefs of the believers.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)