[lbo-talk] Hacked Vote

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Sun Nov 7 18:17:28 PST 2004

ravi wrote:

<< someone pointed out that smaller rural counties have been shifting
>republican (the shift now probably complete) but individuals may not
>have taken the trouble to change party registration. is that a possible
>explanation? >>

Apparently not. From the article:

"Even more significantly, Dopp had first run the analysis while filtering out smaller (rural) counties, and still found that the only variable that accounted for a swing toward Republican voting was the use of optical-scan machines, whereas counties with touch- screen machines generally didn't swing - regardless of size."

<< also, if these counties have such small populations, why not pick 3 and
>go door to door and ask people whom they voted for...>>

"also, if these counties have such small populations, why not pick 3 and
>go door to door and ask people whom they voted for. >>

And Republicans and reflexive defenders of the status quo will still insist that this proves nothing, assuming evidence of fraud is found, because the zealots who went door-to-door are partisans and the people really didn't know what they were answering and, hey, wouldn't a lot of them change their story because they're sore losers? and blah blah blah.

There's a simpler way. Optical scan ballots are probably the easiest available for manual recounts. The ballot boxes might

well still be under lock. The Democrats should file suit, have the ballot boxes impounded, and demand a recount. Or if they don't have standing because the vote spread is too great, then they should support someone who files a civil rights claim. "Should" being the operative word. I'm not holding my breath.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 09:09:34 -0500