[lbo-talk] And the Lesbians Shall Lead Us

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Mon Nov 8 08:45:02 PST 2004

I don't think the Repubs are taking an incremental approach on this-- or any other matter--from fear of backlash. They've made their goals on abortion clear, and it they can't achieve them with a single stroke, they will take incremental steps. The 2004 Republican platform states that an unborn child has "a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed." You can't get more unequivocal than that.

I don't have a handle on the internal workings of the Republican party, but it seems that one thing they *don't* do is bash their factions. Neither do they lose sight of strategic goals. -- Curtiss