[lbo-talk] Welcome to The Evangelical Condition

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 16:29:08 PST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:19:30 -0500, snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Welcome to The Evangelical Condition
>
> (sorry, I realize it isn't "true" but I don't think this matters in a
> post-realist Bushevik world: we create our own reality.
>
> Evolution case opens in Georgia court

<snip>
> Members of Grantsburg's school board believed that a state law
> governing the teaching of evolution was too restrictive. The
> science curriculum "should not be totally inclusive of just one
> scientific theory," said Joni Burgin, superintendent of the
> district of 1,000 students in northwest Wisconsin.
>
> Last month, when the board examined its science curriculum,
> language was added calling for "various models/theories" of
> origin to be incorporated.

how about anaximander's theory that human beings originally grew inside fish until they burst out fully formed and capable of supporting themselves? i think that would make a dandy addition to the curriculum, right alongside the image and likeness of god, on the one hand, and natural selection. i mean, it's not biblical, or anything, but it IS old and it IS a theory . . . and hey, can *you* disprove it?

if you can't beat 'em, make 'em wish they'd lost.