[lbo-talk] Carville picks up the "narrative" idea

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Nov 9 10:32:05 PST 2004

I know he's short, and that that DQs him from seeking high office in this system, but have you heard him talk in the last week? It's pretty powerful stuff. If he can't be the next Carville, pick somebody close to Reich and make Reich the idea man.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 10:29 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Carville picks up the "narrative" idea

Michael Dawson wrote:

>Meanwhile, misanthropes notwithstanding, the obvious replacement is Robert
>Reich, who is eloquent and powerful at talking about a new liberal
>ethicalism. He would be taken seriously

No he wouldn't - and I'm serious about this - because he's too short. He's earnest, bearded, dweeby, and from Massachusetts. And short.