[lbo-talk] evolution

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Tue Nov 9 13:59:51 PST 2004

Doug wrote:

An AAPORite just reported that belief in evolution (or in the case of most Americans, non-belief) has no relation to education - it's pretty constant across categories.

I now I'm going to get a annal fisting for saying this, but in my opinion, evolution is way over hyped. Don't get me wrong, I believe it; but after reading Jacques Barzun's "_Darwin, Marx, Wagner: Critique of Heritage_", I have to look at certain scientist, who seem to be making Darwin into some demigod figure, with a smirk. I really get the feeling that some scientist like to ignore Gregor Mendel's contribution simply because he was of faith... or maybe because he was Austrian blood